I love spraying mists/toners on my face pre-moisturizer. I just feel like it's important to have a moist face before applying a cream or my Kahina Argan Oil. I've got many toners to choose from, but one of my favorite mists as of late has been Maya Water Energizing Norwegian Thermal Spa Water created by Maya Gulbrandsen, a super sweet beauty therapist and makeup artist in Norway. The water is mineral-rich and pH neutral water from Skogshorn in Hemsedal, Norway.
I kept eyeing the mist on Spirit Beauty Lounge and finally ordered it when I had some space in my medicine cabinet, which some of you know, looks like part of the Spirit Beauty Lounge warehouse (btw, it's even more packed since this picture was taken).
So, I finally ordered the Maya Water in Organic Acai and I love it. It feels great, keeps the skin hydrated and it's relaxing, as well. Keep in mind, whatever Maya Water you choose, you're choosing the right one as each one can be used for all skin types. My next one will be the Organic White Tea (rich in antioxidants).
WHEN DO I USE IT?
- Post washing my face (tap water has lots of chlorine in it and this hydrates)
- To set my makeup
- Throughout the day when my skin feels a little dry (I keep it on my desk)
- After pilates when I just want to cool down
- Before applying foundation
- After a facial mask
- And...I'm definitely going to have it in my bag at the beach (they have new travel sizes) and walking around humid NYC in a few months (great for skin exposed to pollution, too)
MAYA WATER ALSO GIVES BACK:
Maya Water is also helping schools and families in Africa by donating a percentage of each sale. The organization is called QuaWater and their mission is to deliver healthy drinking water at fair prices.
Visit their site for more information on Maya Water as it's actually a very interesting read to see how she got the idea to start her company and all.
Travel size: 70ml $26 or full-size: 150ml $40
*I purchased this Maya Water in Organic Acai myself. All opinions are my own.