Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Thee Ever Lovely, Lovely Pollen & Wax! Plus, Get 10% Off To Try This Beautiful Line of Pure Skincare Now!

Why do I call Pollen & Wax lovely?
Well, take one look at founder, Bee's website and products and then you tell me if it looks absolutely lovely or not.  Then, try Bee's products and between the pure ingredients, their effectiveness and truly beautiful scents, I'm sure you'll completely agree that this line is the very definition of lovely.  And remember to get 10% off through May 11, 2014!
LAPIS FACIAL TONER  This toner is a huge favorite of mine.  Beyond the gorgeous scent (this would make a perfect scent for a perfume), this toner is anti-inflammatory and excellent for healing sensitive and damaged skin.  It also hydrates and supports a healthy pH.  I would definitely say that Pollen & Wax's toners are more like treatments for the skin, rather than just something you spray on to hydrate before a moisturizer.     From:  $17.70

ORION FACIAL TONER  This toner was created to brighten, clarify and even skin tone, support collagen production and fight sun damage.  Again, this toner is exceptional and more of a treatment than just a regular toner;  these toners are feeding the skin and truly healing.  Perfect for any skin tone.  From:  $15.60 

IKEBANA LUXE SERUM  This serum is absolutely AMAZING and a complete joy to use.  My skin was hydrated, smooth and looked healthy and clear post-use.  The scent of this oil is over the top beautiful (I kept the empty container just to sniff...can you imagine?) This is another product that would be great as a perfume.  It's great for imbalanced, damaged skin and mature skin in need of maintaining elasticity and health.  The heavy hitters in here are Bulgarian rose and Barbary fig oil.  I'm highly recommending this.  From $26.90  
CALLIOPE LUXE SERUM  This serum is great for oily skins that are in desperate need of healing ingredients, as opposed to skincare with stripping detergents which cause the skin to produce even more oil and creating an imbalance.   Each ingredient is carefully chosen for it's healing, smoothing and ability to restore the skin back to health.  FYI, I found this interesting from the Pollen & Wax site:  "Tea tree has been extensively researched, and was proven to be as effective as benzoyl peroxide in combating acne, but created none of the harmful side effects like excessive dryness or sun sensitivity..!"  From $21.90
MAGUS BLEMISH SERUM  Yeah, well this totally works.  I rarely get blemishes, but traveled for a bit and think I became allergic to something.  I broke out in a few places and just placed the tiniest drop of this on the blemish.  Gone.  Not only that, but instead of just "zapping" it and drying it out, this serum will heal the blemish, fight the bacteria and all the while smell like heaven.  Yep, that's right, heaven.  From their site:  "Magus is fragranced with sumptuous orange blossom, bright citrus and the sacred resin tones of frankincense."  This makes having a few blemishes a little less painful!  $22.90

VELVET FACIAL REPAIR CREME  Again, the scent of this cream is just wonderful.  I absolutely love this cream.  Aptly named as it goes on so smoothly, the name Velvet is perfect for it.  This is a super hydrating cream, but nothing about it is heavy.  This can also be used as a night cream for those that prefer a lighter cream during the day (try Aurantium Facial Creme).  With shea butter, avocado oil and rosehip seed oil, you can just imagine how hydrating this is.  I love it and was constantly applying it.  From $17.90

Meet Bee, Founder of Pollen & Wax!

What inspired you to begin creating your own line of pure skincare?
Practically speaking, a concern for genuine health is what drove me towards adopting an organic lifestyle and founding Pollen & Wax, but the inspiration really comes from the astounding and wonderful magic of the natural world.  It is magnificent, in a digital age which can sometimes feel demystified, to discover that the natural world, science, and holistic traditions have so much to offer us if we’re willing to approach them with curiosity and openness. 
When I first went green and started cleaning up my routine, I found that there were a lot of great options, but nothing exactly matched the bill of what I was looking for (confession: I’m really picky!)  Conveniently, I had also begun educating myself about naturopathic healing and the two intersected really nicely – I started experimenting with herbal decoctions, essential oils, etc., and got more and more excited to share what I was making.
How do you come up with the idea for products?  Is there anything you’re currently working on that you’re excited about?
Generally, I begin visualizing products with a specific intention – I know the frustration of having a skin type that is not exactly one thing or the other (another reason that I started creating!) so I pay special attention to designing products that are both versatile and effective.  
From there, combinations of specific energetics become the focus – cell renewal, anti-inflammation, calming, restorative, toning, collagen-supportive, etc. – and then I orchestrate ingredients around these attributes, balancing and connecting them to each other.  One of my favorite parts of the process is incorporating essential oils, which are incredible on so many levels – mechanical, chemical, and emotional.  (If you want your mind blown, read up on the limbic system!)
If you can’t tell, I’m something of a maximalist and always have a million projects, dreams and schemes going at once!  Currently, I’m developing a new exfoliating cleanser, rounding out the July typology (oily / acneic) and drawing up blueprints for a line built around natural actives.  I’ve also got ambitious dreams to develop pigments and fragrances, so wish me luck!
The names of your products are so beautiful, how do you come up with them?
Thank you, that’s very kind!  I love translating the synergy of the ingredients into a name - Sinatra Blue Facial Serum, for example, was inspired by the deep blue azulene compounds that offer such incredible restorative and anti-inflammatory action (naturally present in the chamomile, yarrow and and tansy essentials).  It’s also a piece of a lyric from a song (“The Wolves”) by one of my favorite bands (Bon Iver) that struck me as especially beautiful.  Skin care, like all of our rituals, can be poetic and meaningful – why not let it be?
Any non-toxic makeup lines that you personally use (what’s in your makeup bag)? 
I’ve lazily tried a few mineral brands that were good, but I often came back to the same problem I faced before – performance vs. ecology (and I don’t do well with powdered pigments, they usually end up everywhere!). 
Luckily, since I’ve been really kind to my skin these last few years, I rarely need much in the way of foundation or concealer.  But I definitely believe that a good eyeliner or blush is worth it’s weight in gold!  Right now, I use a few items from my co-op that get the job done.  I read about so many amazing and clean makeup companies out there that I’m tempted to try, but my inner alchemist always says “you should try making that yourself!”  So I got my hands on some lovely pigments and I’ll be experimenting on myself for a while!  Maybe something great will come of it that I can share with you.

TRY POLLEN & WAX
Get 10% off of Pollen & Wax with any order over $25!  
Use code:  BEE<3TGPJ2014  -  Valid through May 11th!


*I was generously given these products to review and all opinions are my own.  I hope you'll give Pollen & Wax a try as I find their line to be a new force in the Green Beauty Industry.  I'm highly recommending this line! 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete