Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sebon Organics Changes The Organic Haircare Game

I'm not the kind of girl who has a ton of different shampoos and conditioners in my shower.  I have my favorites, and I stick to 'em.  So I was very excited to try Sebon Organics Papaya Shampoo and conditioner when they were sent to me by owner, Julian Huxley.  

What I'm looking for in a shampoo and conditioner is this:  I want it to be made without harmful chemicals, to not load down my hair with heavy conditioners and that it keep my hair full, healthy-looking, soft...and do the dishes.  Am I asking too much here?

So, first thing I noticed when I opened up the bottle is that it doesn't smell fake and fruity.  Sebon Organics are made with whole fruits and herb pulp.  It smells clean and fresh like you would expect a natural product to smell.  Not like a chemical lab's version of what a papaya smells like.

The shampoo lathered up really well (a big plus with natural/organic shampoos) and felt great on my hair.  I only needed a little and I've got a lot of hair.  I followed up with the conditioner and it really made my hair super soft.

After drying?  My hair feels soft, but not weighed down, strong and clean.  I say strong because it's not limp at all.  It was also so easy to brush out AND I've got volume...big plus.  I also LOVE the fact that it inhibits UVA oxidation...a huge deal if you're a girl with color-treated hair and are planning on spending time outdoors.  I think I have a new favorite, here.  

UPDATE:  Used the shampoo & conditioner again last night, slept on it wet and I woke up to shiny, soft hair that's not weighed down.  Go Sebon!


From their site:  

Papaya Conditioner is a gently refreshing with a sweet summer fragrance. It is excellent in stabilizing oily hair/skin conditioner for everyday use and for people who like to wash their hair more than twice a week. Herbal extracts keep hair strong and protected while conditioning agents maintain and enhance a healthier shine. Lavender and Extracts of Geranium keep the hair lightly moisturized.

Papaya contains vitamin A, a property that benefits hair repair by increasing the rate of new cell formation. Vitamin C is also found which is also an anti-oxidant with wonderful properties for smoother softer hair.  $15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment