Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Toners! Who Doesn't Just Love A Great Natural Toner? Sanre Organic Skinfood, Herbal Grace Creations, GingerChi, & Dr. Alkaitis Trump!


I am a huge fan of toners.  I love using them to take off any residual makeup left after cleansing,  to hydrate before applying my moisturizer, to set my makeup and I also keep a few on my desk to hydrate throughout the day.  

I buy this toner in bulk.  Seriously.   I am never without it and it's my go-to on a daily basis for many years now.   Why do I love thee?  Well, it's so moisturizing that I never even contemplate applying a moisturizer without spraying it beforehand. Check out the ingredients and tell me they aren't beautiful!  I love the fact that there's so many essential oils in here.  $25.99  (Sign up for their emails because they have great sales...and often!)
Ingredients:  Organic Rose Hydrosol, Organic Witch Hazel Hydrosol, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Rose Absolute Essential Oil, Organic Rose Essential Oil, Organic Green Tea Extract, Organic Chamomile Essential Oil, Organic Calendula Oil, Organic Arnica Essential Oil, Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil.   Certified Vegan.



I'm a firm believer in the power of Apple Cider Vinegar.  Sure, it doesn't smell like unicorn breath, but nothing balances the skin quite like it and honestly, you'll get used to it, especially after you see the wonders it does for your skin.    I usually make my own, but it pales in comparison to this one.  The process by which Queen of Hungary's Facial Toner is made is pretty intense and I love the added ingredients of lemon balm leaf, calendula flowers, sage and more.  This is how it's created: "The toner is made by solar-infusing organic herbs in raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar for a three-week period. This enables the therapeutic properties of the herbs to extract.  After three weeks, the herbs are strained and pure rose water is added in equal proportion to the vinegar solution."  Yeah, this toner has got mine beat by A LOT!  I recommend this for those with problem skin, those in need of a good cleansing and those who wish to tone their skin.  $16. 

Ingredients:  Organic raw apple cider vinegar, Rose water, Organic lemon balm leaf, Organic chamomile flowers, Organic red rose petals, Organic calendula flowers, Organic comfrey leaf, Organic lemon peel, Organic rosemary leaf, Organic rubbed sage

I absolutely love this toner and even suggested to GingerChi that they should be working on a natural fragrance based on it...I know it sounds strange, but it's that gorgeous. Anyway, this is such a wonderful toner that I dread finishing it.  The scent is perfection, as are the ingredients.  This toner is great for balancing the skin, hydrating and leaving it feeling refreshed and clean.  If you love a clean, fresh, ginger/citrus scent, you'll love using this.  To read a full review of GingerChi's products, click here.  $36
Ingredients:  Rose Water, Melissa Water, Ginseng Tincture*, Aloe Vera Concentrate*, Siberian Ginseng, NFF Moisturizer, Sea Silk, Eco Preservative, Essential Oil of Fresh Ginger. *Organic
DR. ALKAITIS Organic Herbal Toner
Ah, this is the good stuff.  My skin always feels super, super clean after using this.  The reason I love it? First off, the ingredients are perfect.  With a base of Aloe Vera, I find it to be a tad thicker than other toners and I love that.  This is a super effective and multi-functional product as it's a toner, astringent (that will NEVER dry out the skin) balances the skin and is also anti-inflammatory.  This can also be used as an after-sun tonic.  It's so cooling and refreshing.  I love it.  $55
Ingredients:  Into a base of organic Aloe Vera gel*, Witch Hazel and organic grain alcohol* (from the fermentation of organically grown grains), the following organic and wild-crafted herbs are blended: Greater Nettle*, Wild Chamomile flowers**, Myrrh**, European Elder blossoms*, Marsh Mallow*, French Lavender flowers*, Curacao Orange*, Benzoin**, Rosemary*, Wild Fennel** and Balm Mint*. Grapefruit* and Lemon* extracts. Sea Oak**, Atlantic Kelp** and Pearl Moss**. Also added are natural vitamin B and vitamin C complexes and 100% pure Essential Oils. * - Signifies certified organically grown. ** - Signifies ethically wild-crafted

Some of these products were purchased, some were generously given to me for review.  All opinions are my own.  I hope you find something you love here!

4 comments:

  1. What a great selection of toners! I love organic rose flower water, so soothing for the skin!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Herbal Grace....I prefer toners that aren't mists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not normally a fan of toners as I don't find my skin needs them, I tend to use mists and hydrosols more. However, I'm definitely tempted by the Herbal Grace Creations one here! It sounds divine x

    www.fernandmoss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally wondering why I've never tried these! Great selection and variety. Once I finish my SECOND Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Vitamin D mist (yup! Bottle #2 it's SO good), I'll have to try one of these. I'm already a fan of other GingerChi products. Lovely and unique line. But Herbal Grace is a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete