If you've been reading my blog, you know that I'm a HUGE fan of Kahina Giving Beauty. Their products are of the finest quality, they use recycled and recyclable packaging (these products look gorgeous in your bathroom, as well), they donate 25% of their profits to the Berber women who harvest their Argan Oil and the list goes on.
Currently, I'm using their super-hydrating toner, their Argan Oil, eye cream and now...Brightening Serum. I'm Irish-American, so I have the tendency to get a lot of freckles. I don't mind them, but I am minding these new guys called "sun spots" that have been presenting themselves as of late. With one on my cheek and one on the tip of my nose (I know, right?) I got really excited when I saw that Kahina had created a Brightening Serum.
Now, they recommend that you use this serum for four-six weeks to see more even-toned skin, but I have to say that I've been using it for just under 3 weeks and I am totally seeing results. Both of my sun spots have faded dramatically AND, as a bonus, my skin is super, super soft. I mean really soft.
I would say the consistency is a milky, delicious-smelling serum that is not at all greasy. In fact, it's like a thin lotion that absorbs instantly.
I've been using this both morning and evening before my Argan Oil. I apply the Brightening Serum and then wait until I'm about to either go to bed or put makeup on before I apply my oil...just to give the serum time to work its magic!
From Kahina's site:
• Visibly reduce discoloration, hyper-pigmentation, post-acne spots and dark marks in four to six weeks
- • Boost radiance and even skin tone
- • Prevent future discoloration by inhibiting melanin production
- • Protect against environmental exposure
- • Support skin’s natural defense system
- • Fight free radicals that contribute to further signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles
- A lightweight, easily absorbed serum with a fresh, natural scent. $72
**I purchased this myself and all opinions are my own.