Monday, September 24, 2012

The Best Natural & Green Concealers That I've Found

When embarking on my whole chemical-free makeup and skincare "adventure," I knew there were going to be a few items that were going to be difficult to replace.  Mainly, foundation, mascara and concealer.  When I first began, there were plenty of lipstick and mineral blushes out there, but I wasn't sure if anyone was going to be able to really replicate what my favorite foundation and concealer were able to do and still keep out the nasty chemicals.


STUDIO 78's 'OFF WE GO' CONCEALER
Woman, I love this stuff.  I wear it each and everyday and never, ever thought I'd be able to replace my Cle de Peau concealer.  This has excellent covereage, will not dry out your skin, is smooth without being greasy and, in fact, has a sort of powdery feel, but not drying. I can't explain how, but I have to say, they've nailed it...the formulation and texture is perfect. Although it only comes in two shades, for some odd reason, it matches my skin perfectly and I'm thrilled about it.  I'll also use my Jane Iredale Active Light underneath it if I'm super dark.  Get it at NuboNau for  $31.

JANE IREDALE ACTIVE LIGHT CONCEALER
I recently purchased Jane Iredale's Active Light Concealer and find myself reaching for it daily.  This concealer is very light,  so if you've got really dark circles, you might want to use this and then layer with a heavier one.  The reason I say to put this on first is because it's so smooth and leaves such a nice bright glow under the eyes, I think it will compliment your concealer.  It's also incredibly easy to use and the packaging is great for travel.  It's basically a concealer pen that you just brush on.  I haven't used this on it's own yet as I'm in a new apartment and haven't been sleeping so well, but my guess is that it's great for days when you don't have the darkest circles and just want a pretty, bright look. $27

W3LL PEOPLE NARCISSIST FOUNDATION
This foundation also happens to be one of my favorite under eye concealers, too.  W3LL People's Narcissist foundation gives great coverage, has amazing ingredients, lasts a long time AND does not cake.  In fact, it's pretty much the perfect blend of moisturizing without making your makeup run.  So, I use this as my main foundation and can do under eye touchups all in one.  $38

Their ingredients are gorgeous, too:
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil* infused with Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Complex) Leaf**, Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi Mushroom)***, Morella Cerifera (Bayberry- wildharvested); Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax)****, Silica, Essential Oils, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (and) Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019)] *Certified Organic by Stellar, **Certified Organic by QAI, *** Certified Organic by Oregon TILTH, **** Certified Organic by Koster Keunen




RMS BEAUTY "UN" COVERUP
Straight up? I love RMS Beauty.  Their "un" coverup concealer is definitely on the creamier side.  In fact, I always use it quite a bit below where my lower lashes are because I don't want my lower lash mascara to mingle with it.  I use this concealer when I want a pretty, dewy look.  It's great for evening out skin tone, too.  It leaves behind a really fresh, clean and youthful look. The ingredients in this concealer are amazing.  If you haven't discovered the line yet, get on it it.  At $36, it lasts a really long time, too.

22 comments:

  1. This post came at a great time because I was considering purchasing both of the Jane Iredale concealers because I still haven't found a natural concealer that actually covers my dark circles. I've heard lots about the RMS Beauty one but it doesn't look as though it comes with a shade for a deeper skin tone like mine. I'd love to try the W3ll people one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! If you've got very dark ones I say either the Iredale Disappear or the W3LL People. It's very tricky finding one that's not filled with the nasty chemicals, but these are what I've found so far. Thanks for reading!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the RMS un cover up and waiting for it to come in the mail I can't wait to try it it looks like the perfect color and consistency for me. I am very interested in the well people foundation, I have heard some good things about it, i think i am just nervous because its a stick and all past experiences with stick foundations have been thick and dry and cakey. I like a light to medium foundation, I am trying to replace my favorite Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream and Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + with something that has safer ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer:

      Good choice on the RMS Beauty. I love it. I'm also loving Studio 78's concealer. You can get it on Nubo Nau. That's my latest favorite. I don't find the W3ll People at all cakey...do you prefer a liquid. If so, let me know and I'll give you a bunch of recommendations. Trust me, there's so much natural makeup out there, no need to use the toxic ones anymore! Thanks for reading. K

      Delete
  4. I enjoy your blog because you have very informative reviews. I am still transitioning into natural makeup. I am having a hard time finding a "clean" concealer that gives me coverage for my dark under eye circles. I have tried mineral powder concealers and they are way too dry. I have tried liquid concealers from ZuZu and Gabriella, but they lack in coverage. In your opinion, which concealer has the best coverage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now my favorite is Studio 78, which you can get at NuboNau. It's the perfect consistency - not too powdery, not too greasy and it has great coverage. I'm just about to try a new one and I'll be sure to post about it. Thank you for the compliment, and thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Thanks for all of the advice. Do you have any suggestions for liquid under eye concealer? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I recommend that you try out Disappear by Jane Iredale. Juice Beauty is pretty good as well. Thanks for reading, Jessica!

      Delete
  7. I'm almost done with my rms un cover-up and want to give either Studio 78 or W3LL a try...two questions for you lady: 1) which out of those two would you choose, and 2) I think you were using #11 in the un-cover right? trying to judge if the lightest colour in studio 78 would work for me.

    happy friday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! I did an entire post on my favorite concealers but I feel like my choices change from time to time. For the best full coverage Christopher Drummond's Duo-Phase concealer is the best. I love Vapour Beauty's Illusionist Concealer for quick concealing and highlighting. I adore Un Cover Up but sometimes it's too yellow for me, I want to get the new lightest shade that just came out! I also love Jane Iredale's Active Light Concealer... great choice! For blemishes and such I adore Suki's concealer - works great. What color are you in W3ll people narcissist? I love it but I find it's a little too pink... I have the hardest time finding concealers that aren't too pink or too yellow! Hello some of us are neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie, I have dark blueish purple under eye circles and a line under each eye that concealer seems to sit in (creating a unsightly crease) :( but this only happens when I use a concealer that is oil based. Because I've found that a concealer that is highly pigmented and that dries to a powder form works best for me, what do you recommend? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend the Studio 78. The reason, it dries like a powder, but never looks cakey or dry. Please lmk how you love it if you do give it a try. Concealers are pretty brutal to find, but I really love this one! Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete
  10. Dear Katie, thanks to your postings, I've just purchased W3ll People Narcissist Foundation + Concealer Stick at Saffron Rouge! I can't wait to receive my order. Also, I've included Living Nature (New Zealand) Tinted Moisturizer. I found this company/brand to be very true to their commitment for a green/clean/natural lifestyle. What can you tell me about them and your experience w/ their products? Much appreciated, Andriuz ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  15. Hi Katie!

    Thanks for the article! I am trying to change my makeup brands due to I had a very sensitive skin and allergies. I have dark undereye circles.. I am light tone. Can you suggest me some brands? Do you have new favorites?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete