Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shannon Reed Soy Candles - Smell SO Amazing, Packaged in Recycled Glass & All Natural!

One thing that I really love about writing posts on green businesses is learning their back story. When I decided to write a post on Shannon Reed's essential oil candles and read the "Our Story" section on her website, I really connected with her experiences with synthetic fragrance - be it in her home cleaning products or scented candles.

After finding out from a doctor that she was allergic to fragrance, Shannon decided to do some investigating and found out that companies are not required to tell you what is actually in their fragrance since many times it's considered a trade "secret".  Many of the compounds to create the fragrance are linked to asthma, reproductive disorders and more.  So, Shannon decided to start creating her own line of soy candles with essential oils and botanical extracts...and they smell like PERFECTION.

I have her Laid Back candle which is a mix of Lavender and Benzoin.  The ingredients?  Simple and natural: lavender essential oil, benzoin essential oil, soy wax and a cotton wick.     It smells absolutely fantastic.  $34

I also am on my second Feisty candle which is a blend of cinnamon, orange, clove, mint, cardamom & vanilla.  This candle is excellent for Fall/Winter and smells heavenly.  Ingredients: Vanilla Absolute, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Cinnamon Essential Oil, Clove Bud Essential Oil, Cardamom Essential Oil, Soy Wax, Cotton Wick

I'd also like to say that all their containers are made from recycled glass, the packaging is  made from recycled paper using soy ink and they're made in the USA!

This is definitely the kind of company that I love to support.  Not only are they concerned about making excellent products, but they're concerned about our health and the environment.   If you're looking for a gorgeously green candle, please give Shannon Reed a try.  They're definitely my favorite.

*Initially, I had purchased these candles myself.  Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment