Monday, October 7, 2013

studio 78 paris: A great natural concealer, primer and a lipstick you really should own.

STUDIO 78'S CONCEALER, PRIMER & LIQUID LIPSTICK
I'm not going to play around here, we're not going to do this little dance where I tell you I think you should try a brand; I'm straight out telling you to please try this brand.  The products are so well made, the packaging is gorgeous and they carry the ECO CERT organic certification.

ANTI-DARK CIRCLES CONCEALER, "OFF WE GO"
As I've mentioned many times before, Studio 78 makes thee best concealer I've ever used. Ever. Yes, toxic ones included.  You can read about my love for it here.  I love this concealer so much that  before I leave the house, I check to see if I have my phone, keys and concealer. Truth.  And the little mirror on the top of the compact is so fantastic for touch-ups during the day.  $31

So, now that that is out of the way, let's get on to the new products that I tried from Studio 78 that you can purchase at NuboNau (an excellent online store for natural and organic makeup and skincare).

STUDIO 78'S LUMINOUS PRIMER, "WE TAKE SOME AIR"
First off, the numbers...99% of the total ingredients are from natural origin and 22% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming.  

I love this primer and have found myself reaching for it as soon as my moisturizer is set.  The scent is a light coconut that I just love.  It's super light but what's really great about this primer is the luminous look it gives to the skin.  It's not frosty, but more of  pale gold-toned look that is just so pretty and makes the skin glow.  I'm fair-skinned and I think this would work well on all skin tones.  This is not a heavy look, but rather very natural and fresh.  $38

The numbers...100% of the total of the ingredients are natural and 40% of the total of the ingredients are from organic farming.

I was sent this to test and although the color was in the brown family and I wear pinks/reds/corals, I had  tested it for a week in my apartment to see how it looked, felt on the lips and wore.  

For starters, the packaging is beautiful.  With a few clicks from the bottom of the lipstick, you're good to go.  The applicator is perfect and it's so easy to apply. 

I love this lipstick.  I think that if you're the kind of woman who likes an opaque lipstick that isn't going anywhere, this is for you.  The color is bold, it feels hydrating, but isn't too glossy on the lips.  I would say this is a semi-matte, full-coverage lipstick.  $32


01 - Ivory Wedding, Classic Nude

02 - Satin Wedding, Pink Nude

03 - Rose Wedding, Rose Pink

04 - Coral Wedding, Summer Orange

05 - Ruby Wedding, Parisian Red

06 - Velvet Wedding, Pretty Purple Plum

NuboNau has pretty much the entire line from Studio 78.  Head on over there to check out their blush, foundation (which I'm going to try next) and eyeshadows!

*I was sent the primer and lipstick to test.  All opinions are my own and I only write about that which I love and think you need to know about!  

13 comments:

  1. I NEED that concealer. Which shade do you use? I am very fair skinned so I was curious if their lightest is actually light enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lightest will be great. Don't go any darker! Let me know how you love it.

      Delete
  2. I was sent the lipstick in shade #2 and the primer by studio by Studio 78 and I have to say I love love love them both, I have the blushers and the concealer on my wish list now too :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need the concealer. For sure. There's one blush that looks a lot like Nars Orgasm...very pretty looking. I might go for that. Thanks for reading, Ana.

      Delete
  3. So surprised to hear you say it's a full coverage lip! I always just assumed it was more like a tint/gloss...there you go, never judge a book by it's cover. I'm now officially interested.

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, total full-coverage. It's what every girl who loved MAC at one point would love. It's super high-quality, too. What color are you eyeing?

      Delete
  4. I saw that they have samples - going to test out their concealer I think. The primer looks awesome too. How can you compare this concealer to rms beauty's un-coverup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhhh.... I found the concealer to be so dry! Even using nourishing under eye creams, and warming it up under my fingers, its still a bit of bear to use. The fact that the colour (light) is just a bit too light is also problematic. Or maybe its that my under eye circles are so strong that I need extra coverage and thus this becomes a bit cake. I have tried the bronzer which is good - not an OMG, but a solid good.

    The packaging & brand identity for this brand is really fabulous though, and very stylish. The primer may be next on my list of things to try.

    Thanks, AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shocked that it's drying on you...I have super dry skin; but I do use really great eye serums like Earth Tu Face and Mun No. 1 Aknari. Maybe you need to use a serum? If not, I think a little RMS Beauty Uncoverup on top of it will work wonders! Sometimes I do that if I'm feeling a little dry. ;)

      Delete
  6. Late to comment, but I wondered if their primer could be used under eye shadow. Or perhaps you have one that you'd recommend. Most that I find, I would never use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this might be a bit too shimmery to be used under eyeshadow, but I'll give it a try and get back to you! Thanks for reading, K

      Delete
  7. Hello,
    I've bought the concealer (Studio78) and find it too dry. How do you use it?Do you prepare your skin before?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I've bought the concealer (Studio78) and find it too dry. How do you use it?Do you prepare your skin before?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete