Thursday, November 7, 2013

Beauty Tag!

One of my makeup bins.  There's some RMS Beauty, Intelligent Nutrients, Ilia Beauty, Studio 78 & Vapour
So, every now and again a Green Beauty Blogger will send out a Beauty Tag where they answer some questions and then "tag" us and have us answer them.  This tag, a very cute one I might say, was created by Sonja of Life In Blush.

On my nightstand you'll find:  Sans Lip Balm, Lotus Wei's Inner Peace Serum & KYI Moisturizing Mask (I use it for my hands & face before bed) and my iPad.


The literary character I'm most like is: I'm blanking on this.  You tell me...I'm neurotic, chatty, funny, dramatic and driven.  Go.


I'm currently obsessed with:  Ilia Beauty's Bang Bang (didn't think I could wear red before), Mun's No. 1 Aknari Serum, Lurk's RSW005 perfume (big into rose, here) and Intelligent Nutrients' Plant Stem Cell Science Renewal Complex.  I'm also obsessed with the big plans I have for my blog in the future...can't wait!


My favorite superhero is: Wonder Woman.  Who else is there?  How hot did she look in that little outfit?  And the gold lasso?  She slays me!


Favorite beauty product of 2013: Okay, hardest question ever!  Uhm...oh, I think it's my Studio 78 concealer.  


If I could have dinner with anyone dead or alive:  I haven't met him yet, but he's around 6'2", witty and lives in NYC...and he's adorable.  I'm sure he's out there somewhere...


Winter is coming, how do you prep your skin for battle?  I dip into the SW Basics Moisturizer and start removing makeup with coconut oil.


My perfect date night makeup consists of: Crush by Vapour Organic Beauty on the cheeks, Dr. Hauschka liner and Call Me & Love Buzz by Ilia Beauty.  If I'm feeling really feisty (pretty common) I'll go for Sacred by RMS Beauty on lips and cheeks.


My go-to skin-beautifying snack/drink is: Wheatgrass.  God, I detest it, but it works.


My TV boyfriend is: Hmmm...the guy who plays Peter Russo on House of Cards (not conventionally gorgeous, but he does it for me) and uh...the main guy from Walking Dead.  Sure, I'd date him...who wouldn't?


If my evening clutch could hold only one beauty item it would be:  Time to get a new evening clutch.  No, okay, I'll play along...whatever my gloss was for that night.  I don't leave the house without some kind of lipstick or gloss.


One beauty tip I would pass on to my fictional daughter is:  "Be just like your fictional mother.  She's adorable."  Kidding.  Beyond confidence and telling her how cool she is all the time, I would pass on natural sunblock and lead-free lipstick.


The most nostalgic item from my childhood is: My doll Noo-Noo (she was the blond doll in pink that was called "Drowsy").


My favorite show of the moment is:  Well, now that Breaking Bad is over (RIP), I'm going to say I like House of Cards, although I lose the plot whenever Robin Wright saunters on the screen, hot damn!


My favorite quote is: "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.  Be kind.  Always."  Hits home every time I read it.  


I tag:  Alexis from The Green Beauty Bunny, Kasey Michelle from Plein Vanity and Marcella from Naturally Marcy

9 comments:

  1. katie I love this!

    I have to admit, and odd as this may be, I find kevin spacey really attractive in that show - perhaps it's the power or brilliant manipulation that's doing it for me?

    Have you tried Ilia 'arabian knights"? Another great red lip colour that doesn't scream I'm wearing red! Also, I feel like you just described John Krasinski for your dinner date - he's so flipping adorable I just want to fold him up and put him in my pocket.

    thanks for playing!

    sonja
    lifeinblush.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin Spacey skeeves me out, but Robin Wright makes me swoon! Funny you mention Arabian Nights...just last night Kasey from Plein Vanity was wearing it & we were discussing it. I thought it was really dark, but it's not. Going to get it! Don't know Krasinski, but heard of him. Put him in your pocket, drop him in an envelope & iI'll give you my address...

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this tag :) I've heard that House Of Cards is amazing, and I'm left trying to fill the void of Breaking Bad too :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaking Bad will NEVER be replaced. Gus came into my studio & left me a recorded message inviting me to Los Pollos Hermanos...my life was complete!

      Delete
  3. I love your answers :) I need to start watching House Of Cards and I need to try Studio 78!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm can't beat a shot of wheatgrass haha. Have you tried matcha? Its incredibly good for you and delicious.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't...sell me on it. I'm desperately trying to get out of the lawn mower bag taste of wheatgrass! Thanks for reading, Helen!

      Delete
  5. Love this post!! I also thought I couldn't pull off red lipstick until I tried Bang Bang!!

    ReplyDelete