Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Unconventional, But Very Cool Holiday Gift Guide That Helps Others And The Earth...I Love These!


So I might not be the blogger with the fanciest makeup & skincare gift guide, but to me, my gift guide rocks.   True, I have no lip gloss trios, no pretty eye shadow sets, no fantastic serum that will change your skin, but I do have what I personally think are thee most important gifts of this season.

As you may or may not know, but I'm big, big, big into the environment.  I'm also super into charity and helping people.  I like things that are a win-win for everyone.  I truly hope that you can find someone on your list who is wonderful enough to receive the ultimate gift...one that helps others and the Earth.  

Happy Holidays and thank you so much for reading.  It means so much to me, Katie

The Bogobrush  A recent find for me.  In fact, it was only a few days ago.  I think this is BRILLIANT. I'm going to be ordering a year supply for $40.  If you can find a toothbrush that looks sleeker than this, I'll be impressed.   It's completely biodegradable and with each one purchased, a person in need receives one...I know, right?  Do you have anyone on your list who will understand just how totally mind-blowing this is?   We could potentially rid ourselves of the tons of plastic toothbrushes in the ocean and in landfills...what a thought!   $10 each  $40 for year's supply

The Glass Dharma Glass Straw  Well, I've already written a post on how much I love my glass straw. It sits in my bag in its little hemp case and I'm beyond thrilled when I can stick it in my drink, knowing that I just saved some plastic.  Could it be in my mind, or does everything just taste better out of this beautiful piece of glass?  Get a bendy one, a straight one, one with little multi-colored dots on it...magnificent!   $10 - $12 each

The FEED Bag  This company has grown so much over the past few years and I find that really promising.  Buy a bag, belt, bracelet, backpack, t-shirt, anything and help feed children in need.  When disaster strikes, you can be sure that FEED will be one of the first to create a product to benefit the people suffering.  What's more, the apparel, bags, etc. are very cool.  When I see a chick walking around NYC with her FEED bag, well,  I just know that she and I could definitely be friends.  Prices vary

12 comments:

  1. Hi, the toothbrush looks very funky :-)!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's gorgeous...and eco...and kind. What could possibly be better. Thanks for reading and have a great Holiday season! K

      Delete
  2. this is one of the best holiday gift guides I've seen for the exact reasons you cited - it's what the holiday spirit is all about :)

    Love the FEED bags, I've got my eye on this one: http://www.feedprojects.com/shopping_product_detail.asp?pid=50034&catID=3673

    p.s. I got my mom the glass straw and she loves it too!
    p.p.s I'm actually working on my own gift guide and it has a glass component too - great minds think alike ;)
    p.p.p.s kidding I'm done. over and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja: Thanks for taking the time to post a comment...I know how busy everyone is. Yes, this is probably my favorite post thus far. We don't just help that one person, we help everyone when we use less plastic...just makes perfect sense to me. I can't wait to check out what FEED Bag you're loving...K

      Delete
  3. Wow thanks for all idea!! the toothbrush are pretty cool and they ship to canada! great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you read and found something that you love. Yeah, this is pretty wonderful. We can really change some things with these items and for that, I'm really thrilled. Thank you for reading! Go, Canada! Katie

      Delete
  4. J'adore the color coordination! My current handbag is a FEED bag in denim & I looove the message it delivers. Your gift choices ROCK, Lady! You got the holiday spirit goin' on :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarita. It just fits perfectly, doesn't it? That toothbrush is TO DIE FOR, isn't it? No plastic, can be buried, someone else gets one, too. Wow. Things that excite me. Thanks for reading & Happy Holidays! K

      Delete
  5. The toothbrush you featured is vey interesting. Thanks for the info. Love that FEED bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Glass Dharma straws, they're also very good for keeping your teeth from getting stained if you have a coffee habit. Love the toothbrush and of course the FEED bag, nice gift guide!

    ReplyDelete