Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I've been tagged! Natural skincare tips from the green product junkie...

Welcome to my world.  Here's two of my medicine cabinet shelves...recognize anything?

Tag, you're it!

I've been tagged by Mary from PureMakeup Blog!  So, it's my turn to answer a few questions she has lined up.  Let me get to 'em!  Thanks.

Describe your skincare routine in five words.  Natural, ever-changing, pure, nourishing and effective.


What's your skin type?  I tend to be on the dry side.


What's your favorite skincare product?  This is incredibly difficult because it changes all of the time.  Whenever I get something new to test that is magnificent, it becomes the new favorite. I would have to say a staple is Kahina's Argan Oil, and I'm also really enjoying La Bella Figura's Organic Barbary Fig Renewal Serum these days...the smell is so fruity and it hydrates perfectly.


Top blemish zapper?  I'm fortunate in that I don't break out that often since I began using all-natural skincare and makeup.  If I do, or if I feel like I'm clogged, I'll quickly do an Osmia Organics' Detoxifying Mask...cleans, exfoliates and brightens the skin all in one mask.  I love.


Face Wipes - yay or nay?  Nay.  They're wasteful.  A cotton cloth that you can wash over and over again seems more eco-friendly to me. 


High-end skincare or high-end makeup?  Tough one...I would have to say skincare.  But anything that you put on your skin must be non-toxic...high-end or not.  Skincare brand Acure Organics is very affordable.  

What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried?  Well, it's not that unusual in that it's an exfoliator, but it's definitely an unconventional way of exfoliating...O.R.G.'s Organic Mineral Peel for Face.  You just spray it on and then rub it off after a few seconds.  It's very cool to see what peels off of your face.

You're in a pharmacy and you can only pick one item, what would it be?  Do they sell coconut oil?  If not, let's see...gosh, I think I just leave!  Really.

What are your Top Skincare Tips?

  1. Please don't use a lipstick or lip balm with toxic ingredients.  You'll be ingesting chemicals.  Find a great lipstick you love from a natural brand.  I love RMS Beauty, Ilia Beauty, Revolution Organics...and the list goes on.
  2. Use a natural sunblock everyday on your face and body parts that will be exposed.
  3. Wash your face every night, but not in the morning.  In the morning, just moisturize.  I love GingerChi for cleansing.
  4. Exfoliate once or twice a week.  I'm loving using Acure Organics exfoliator.
  5. Put a mask on every once in a while...great for the skin.  If you don't have one, plain yogurt on the face is brightening and refreshing.
  6. Find a face oil or serum that you love.  Trust me on this.  Oils are awesome.
  7. Always use an eye serum or an eye cream.  I love Odacité.
  8. Don't use toxic skincare or makeup.  The new green lines are far, far superior to anything you can buy that has chemicals in it.
  9. Hang out with people who make you laugh and think you're great.  My skin always looks better when I'm happy!

13 comments:

  1. So neat to get a peak into your amazing medicine cabinet! Great advice too, I couldn't agree more about spending time around fun(ny) people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now wishing I had fixed it up a bit so the labels on the products could be seen a bit more. Thanks for reading, Mary!

      Delete
  2. Love your last tip! I completely agree, my skin looks so much better when I'm feeling happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all true...that's why it's so great to be in love...instant gorg face. Thanks, Caitie!

      Delete
  3. hahaha I would absolutely walk out of the drugstore too. Haven't heard of Sellwood soap I'll have to look into them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sellwood is small, but great ingredients, all handmade and prices are perfect for people wanting to go super natural. I recommend the face oil, face scrub and soap!

      Delete
  4. Can I just shop your medicine cabinet please?

    Mayah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only the two shelves...sorry it's so messy, wasn't really thinking when I took the picture...hope you can see some of the stuff in there.

      Delete
    2. Are you kidding! My sink looks like a bomb sight, your cabinet is gorgeous and organised.

      Delete
  5. I love making my own natural skin care recipes and using natural products too. I wrote the book Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes and use lots of natural ingredients like milk of magnesia and natural oils for skin care recipes. They work wonders for skin with antioxidants and repairing properties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My deodorant is actually Milk of Magnesia in a bottle and Schmidt's Deodorant. I have much respect for those who make their own skincare products. It's a lot of fun, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Not even ashamed one iota of coveting what's in that medicine cabinet. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Susan...yes, it's some good stuff! MVO, Intelligent Nutrients, Kahina, Tallulah, KYI, NYL, La Bella Figura, Patyka, Mun, Schmidt's, Lina Hanson, SW Basics, GingerChi, Dr. Alkaitis, Amala, Osmia...oy! All the good stuff! I'd love to see what's in your cabinet!

      Delete