|Welcome to my world. Here's two of my medicine cabinet shelves...recognize anything?|
Tag, you're it!I've been tagged by Mary from PureMakeup Blog! So, it's my turn to answer a few questions she has lined up. Let me get to 'em! Thanks.
Describe your skincare routine in five words. Natural, ever-changing, pure, nourishing and effective.
What's your skin type? I tend to be on the dry side.
What's your favorite skincare product? This is incredibly difficult because it changes all of the time. Whenever I get something new to test that is magnificent, it becomes the new favorite. I would have to say a staple is Kahina's Argan Oil, and I'm also really enjoying La Bella Figura's Organic Barbary Fig Renewal Serum these days...the smell is so fruity and it hydrates perfectly.
Top blemish zapper? I'm fortunate in that I don't break out that often since I began using all-natural skincare and makeup. If I do, or if I feel like I'm clogged, I'll quickly do an Osmia Organics' Detoxifying Mask...cleans, exfoliates and brightens the skin all in one mask. I love.
Face Wipes - yay or nay? Nay. They're wasteful. A cotton cloth that you can wash over and over again seems more eco-friendly to me.
High-end skincare or high-end makeup? Tough one...I would have to say skincare. But anything that you put on your skin must be non-toxic...high-end or not. Skincare brand Acure Organics is very affordable.
What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried? Well, it's not that unusual in that it's an exfoliator, but it's definitely an unconventional way of exfoliating...O.R.G.'s Organic Mineral Peel for Face. You just spray it on and then rub it off after a few seconds. It's very cool to see what peels off of your face.
You're in a pharmacy and you can only pick one item, what would it be? Do they sell coconut oil? If not, let's see...gosh, I think I just leave! Really.
What are your Top Skincare Tips?
- Please don't use a lipstick or lip balm with toxic ingredients. You'll be ingesting chemicals. Find a great lipstick you love from a natural brand. I love RMS Beauty, Ilia Beauty, Revolution Organics...and the list goes on.
- Use a natural sunblock everyday on your face and body parts that will be exposed.
- Wash your face every night, but not in the morning. In the morning, just moisturize. I love GingerChi for cleansing.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week. I'm loving using Acure Organics exfoliator.
- Put a mask on every once in a while...great for the skin. If you don't have one, plain yogurt on the face is brightening and refreshing.
- Find a face oil or serum that you love. Trust me on this. Oils are awesome.
- Always use an eye serum or an eye cream. I love Odacité.
- Don't use toxic skincare or makeup. The new green lines are far, far superior to anything you can buy that has chemicals in it.
- Hang out with people who make you laugh and think you're great. My skin always looks better when I'm happy!