Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Greener Mascara Clinic is Open: Come On In, Ladies...featuring Zuzu Luxe, Dr. Hauschka, Couleur Caramel & Juice Beauty!

Zuzu Luxe, Dr. Hauschka, Juice Beauty & Couleur Caramel

Natural
ZuZu Luxe by Gabriel Cosmetics  This mascara will not smudge or flake on you...at all!  Trust me on this one.  I use this on my lower lashes everyday and if I'm going for a all around natural look, on my top as well.  If you a more dramatic look, just add another layer.  This mascara is one that I will never stop using, plus the ingredients are great.  This also comes in Espresso and Navy as well as the Onyx.   $16.70


Volumizing

Dr. Hauschka Volumizing   I find that volumizing mascaras can be a little "wetter" than other mascaras and they can definitely smudge.  That's why I only use this mascara on the upper lashes and I'll use my ZuZu on the bottom.  I think this gives a really pretty full lash and is great for adding on for even thicker looking lashes. $29.25

Couleur Caramel Cils Longs This is my favorite for the upper lashes.  Again, there's no way I can wear this on the bottom as it will get all over the place.  So, I wear this on the top and ZuZu or Juice Beauty on the bottom.  I also love the smell of it...I know, strange, but it's got this super clean powdery smell that I love.  $24.25

Separating & Lengthening
Juice Beauty Lash Defining Mascara  I recently did a full review on this, but wanted to add it to the 'clinic' (who  do I think I am using that term, right?)  Anyway, this mascara is going to define lashes and separate them, but if you're looking for a big voluminous look, this isn't the one for you. This has never smudged on me and if you give a few seconds to dry, you'll be good to go all day.  $19

Some of these products I was given to test, others I purchased, all I loved.  

13 comments:

  1. I know everyone's different and different products work for different people, but I just had to say that the ZuZu doesn't work for me, and I'd heard so many good things about it... and continue to. So I had very high hopes. But I bought it and find that it still smudges a bit at the end of the workday when I've done nothing else than stare at a screen for 8 hours. I'm used to that, however, and it's still better than some. But it's completely useless when I'm with friends talking and laughing, as I'll get pretty bad smudges in five minutes. I know I'm not blessed in that I have oily skin and droopy eyes, I guess, so my lashes sort of touch the skin under my eyes, thus making me more prone to smudging, but I just wanted to warn those who are like me. Right now I've given up. Either I wear no mascara (which is hard to do when you're so insecure about your lashes) or use conventional ones, which are not great, but I can worry less. Because even chemicals smudge on me when they don't on others. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a lot depends on where your lashes are in relation to the bottom of your eyes. Zuzu is the only one that worked for me and didn't smudge...and I'm constantly laughing. Thanks so much for reading and for getting your experience out there. Please let me know what does work for you and I commend you for trying to find a green one...it is frustrating! K

      Delete
  2. Wow this was helpful! I love the sound of the Dr. Hauschka and the Couleur Caramel! Do you ever layer to Juice Beauty with the others to get volume and length?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really and I'll tell you why...the Juice Beauty dries stiffer than the others and once it's dry, it's staying put and stiff. And, as you know, unless the lashes are soft, it's hard to add on. Does that makes sense? The Hauschka and Couleur remain soft.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed my time at the clinic. ;) It's great to know what each mascara 'does'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Dr. Hauschka volume mascara, especially the Limited Edition version, which is long gone now :( however, very curious about Couleur Caramel Cils too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was up with the Limited Edition version...I'm intrigued...

      Delete
  5. Any feedback from Pure Ananda (http://www.pureanada.ca/makeup/eyes/luminous-mineral-shadows/) i heard it got the no more dirty looks approval? i got curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me Susan...I'll get on that. I've got so much I'm testing over here sometimes I forget. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. That Dr Hauschka mascara is on my birthday wishlist :) I love mascara and hoping to build my natural collection! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second the Juice Beauty Mascara love! It was a total surprise for me, I love it! It does flake a tiny bit on me, but that's better than smudging, I can brush flakes away. :) Great post Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try Couleur Caramel cils courts! I just really want a full-on volume lush lash look lol

    ReplyDelete