Monday, April 9, 2012

Bag The Habit Helps You To Break The Habit (of Using Plastic Bags)

Nobody loves a reusable bag like I do. Nobody.

The odd pleasure I derive from saying, "Oh, I've got my own bags" is ridiculous. Forgetting to bring my reusable bags? Ohhh, that bums me out big time and, as a result, I got into the habit of stashing a few in the zippered compartment of whatever bag I'm carrying. I've owned so many of the best-selling ones out there, but nothing compares to my favorite brand, Bag The Habit. The main reason? The awesome padded handles! Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love that they're made from 100% recycled and/or organic/sustainable fabric, but the padded handles rock. Being a New Yorker, I'm always struggling with lots of groceries and the other bags that I had used were just so uncomfortable to carry as they dug into my shoulders and hands. The Bag the Habit bags are big, really comfy, look great and save on plastic and paper bags.

So, with that, I highly recommend that if you're going paper and plastic bag-free, go for these and save yourself the trial phase with other brands.  I look forward to trying their reusable produce bags, too!

Oh, and if you live in NYC and are desperate to have us be plastic-bag free, please sign the petition here. I did!

*I purchased these bags myself and all opinions are my own, gosh darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment