Friday, March 23, 2012

The Best Natural Mascaras - Couleur Caramel, Dr. Hauschka & Zuzu Luxe

The majority of people that are into clean or green makeup say they have a huge problem trying to find a great natural mascara.   I have to admit that I did try lots of them before I found great ones, but it's not impossible.  These are my favorites, in order of adoration:


COULEUR CARAMEL
Couleur Caramel
This is a mineral and plant-based mascara and I have to say, you'd never know the difference between this and one filled with chemicals. It's paraben-free, phenoxyethanol-free and coal free.  99% of it's ingredients are natural.  Plus, the entire case is recyclable. So, how does it hold up vs. other mascaras? Perfectly. In fact, I love it.  There's no flaking, no smudging (unless you use a very emollient concealer like RMS Beauty) and it can be layered easily.  Oh, and it also comes off in a snap.




Dr. Hauschka's Volume Mascara
DR. HAUSCHKA

I think this mascara is great and definitely gives Dior Show Mascara a run for the money. It creates big, dramatic lashes and comes off easily. The only gripe I have with this is that if your concealer or under eye cream is too oily, it will definitely smudge. I also wouldn't wear it if I knew I was going to be sweating. I usually wear this on the top lashes only and wear my next favorite mascara on my lower lashes.



ZUZU LUXE

ZuZu Luxe Mascara
I like this mascara...a lot. In fact, I just purchased another one today. I use it when I know I can't have any smudging and usually use it daily on my lower lashes, giving the upper to my Couleur Caramel or Dr. Hauschka as they just seem to give more volume and drama. For some reason, no matter what happens, this doesn't smudge at all and for that, it's a favorite.

I hope you try and love some of these mascaras.

13 comments:

  1. I love 100% Pure, but their mascara smudged a lot on me. I do love their cheek tints and lip glosses, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Tarte's mascara, but unfortunately that brand isn't so green. I have easier access to Zuzu Luxe, I'll give it a go. Have you tried Mineral Fusion mascara? I haven't, but I'm curious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, nice to hear from you. No, I haven't tried Mineral Fusion because it's got Phenoxyethanol in it. I really think you should try Couleur Caramel...it's the best. I order it from Nature of Beauty. Or Zuzu, which you have to do several coats of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Couleur Caramel mascara, been using it for a while now and I recommend it to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't really get when I hear people say that they'll never stop using their CoverGirl mascara when this incredible mascara is out there. Plus, their packaging is so eco-friendly, it seems like a no-brainer.

      Delete
  5. wow.. this product is amazing.. thanks for sharing..

    dr. hauschka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it. They make excellent products! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Great post, Katie! I've been testing out dozens of brands...The jury is still out as to which one is best, but some definitely give me raccoon eyes by midday. That's a no-no! I will have to try Couleur Caramel - the name makes me hungry :-) So far, one winner is Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo lash mascara (in green leaf shape) or Lash Boosting mascara (in black leaf shape). No objectionable ingredients that I'm aware of, long, vavoom lashes with good thickness and separation, and costs $10. Great organic deal :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zuzu on the bottom...remember that! Couleur Caramel on the top! Thanks for reading...trust me, I've tried them all!

      Delete
  7. I prefer Gabriel's Gabriel Mascara over their ZuZu Luxe and also like Earth's Beauty but am very excited for Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Mascara available 9/13. The preservative in the Couleur Caramel, sodium hydroxymethyl glycinate, is linked to formaldehyde concerns and is on my list of ingredients to avoid along with parabens, phenoxyethanol, etc. If I remember correctly the Mineral Fusion brand uses phenoxyethanol. http://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/sodium-hydroxymethylglycinate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I have such smart readers. Thanks so much for sharing this information with us, Joy! It's really important. katie

      Delete
  8. Hi, I'm attempting to order the Couleur Caramel and can't seem to find an explanation on the difference between the 2 types of mascara. Maybe you can help? I wanted mascara in brown, but there are two options: Clis longs and Clis courts. What is the difference?? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I order the Cils Longs...it has a longer wand from what I understand. The Cils Courts is shorts. Get the Longs.

      Delete