Thursday, May 17, 2012

Get Yer Mask On! Amal Oils Moroccan Rhassoul Clay Mask...cleans and brightens.

THE AMAL OILS MASK

For me, there's nothing like putting a mask on, scrubbing my feet in the tub (with my skinnyskinny Foot Scrub, natch) and then sitting down to read my iPad while it works its magic.  I then wash it off, apply one of my favorite toners, Kahina Giving Beauty Toning Mist, pick a face oil, put on some eye cream and call it a night.



I've tried so many masks and a lot of them are just okay.  On the other hand, there are some real winners out there like then ones I have already blogged about - Pangea and Naturopathica.  The latest mask I have to tell you about is the Amal Oils Moroccan Rhassoul Clay Mask with Plant Extracts.



I was first introduced to this mask when Pure Citizen hosted them.  What's great about this mask is that it clears your skin like a clay mask should, but DOES NOT dry out your skin like you'd expect it to.  In fact, I find it hydrating and when I rinse it off, my skin feels soft, clean and moist...it's the first clay mask I've found that does that.  This mask can also be used on the hair. From their site:   

Quarry mined deep beneath the Atlas Mountains in Morocco and sundried, this clay naturally contains high levels of silica, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium and sodium. Renowned for its remarkable ability to absorb impurities and cleanse, Moroccan Rhassoul Clay with Plant Extracts eliminates oils and toxins from skin and hair, improves skin elasticity, minimizes pores, improves skin clarity, extracts blackheads and gives body and shine to hair.
It's $35, but will last you forever as it's a big container - 8.5 oz.
Ingredients:  Ingredients: Moroccan Lava Clay (Hectorite), Extracts of Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Myrtus Communis (Myrtle), Urtica Dioica (Stinging Nettle), Rosa Centifolia (Rose), and Homolathecium Aureum x Hypnum Crupessiform (Rock Moss), Eugenia Caryophyllata (Clove), Essential Oil of Lavandula Angustifolia x Latifolia (Lavendin), Linalol
PS: A friend of mine was going through a difficult time and her skin broke out big time.  I gave her several masks-worth and when I saw her the week following, her skin was clean and clear. She's a big fan now.  Let me know how you like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment