Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Some Of The Best Non-Toxic Perfumes...Woman, You're Gonna Smell SO Good!

If you've ever said that you can't replace your favorite perfume with a natural one because you don't know where to look for one, I hope I can guide you in the right direction.  I've gotten so many emails from women saying that fragrance is the one thing (along with mascara and concealer) that they can't seem to replace.  Nonsense, I say!  Not only will you find something you'll love, but once you start wearing a natural perfume, your nose will get itchy when you smell someone get on the elevator with something you used to think smelled so darn good. 


THEE FLORALS

Jasminas by Intelligent NutrientsMust love Jasmine. We're talking serious Jasmine here. Pretty and super concentrated, this opaque amber perfume comes in the perfect little bottle.  You need just the tiniest bit to smell so pretty and fresh.  Apply behind the ears or in the hair.  $45

Prima Ballerina by Strange Invisible Perfumes - I'm constantly sniffing my wrist while I'm wearing this as I keep getting a faint hint of rose and I'm liking it.  With rose, sage, lime and botanical musk, it's a gorgeous rose powderish perfume with a modern twist!   $150


EARTHY & HERBAL

Prima by Osmia Organics - Okay, I'm highlighting Prima, but I have to say that I found all of Osmia Organics' perfumes to smell earthy, herbal, fresh and just full of nature.  Sarah, the line's founder, definitely gets inspired by her Colorado surroundings.  If you're an Earthy girl, put your bags down as you've arrived, woman.  $75

Woodland by Forager Botanicals - This unisex fragrances has notes of cedar wood, high alps lavender and sweet, rich herbs.  Casey Coyle, the woman behind Forager Botanicals, is a Brooklyn-based graphic designer who longed for more natural, simple fragrances. $120


FUN, PLAYFUL & SEX-AY!

Love Coconut by  Honoré des Prés - My favorite perfume.  No, you won't smell like you've just slathered on tacky sun oil from the Eighties.  It's light, subtle and just so pretty...ah! 100% natural and organic.  $95

Vamp `a NY by Honoré des Prés -  How to explain?  Hmmm...fun and feisty, it's described as having Tuberose and rum.  Allow me to just say that if you can get your hands on a sample, chances are you'll fall in love pretty fast & will be getting yourself a bottle, you sexy woman!  $98

CHAMOMILE

333 by Tallulah Jane - If you like chamomile and lavender, you're going to love this.  I got hooked as soon as I tried a sample and have been through many bottles.  Eleanor, the creator of Tallulah Jane, also has these available in awesome body oils and Eau De Parfum.  $58



CITRUS

Halona by Tallulah Jane - Lime, fresh ginger and spices.  This is a gorgeous scent that is uplifting and happy.  If you like citrus and peppy scents, you'll love Halona.  I also have the body oil...I highly recommend.  $48

Urban Organic by A Perfume Organic - With lemon sorbet, bourbon, lime peel, basil ginger and smoky vetiver, I think this is next on my list to purchase.  I'm a citrusy girl, what can I say?  $65

Trip by Honoré des Prés - 100% natural and organic, this delish perfume is all about pure tangerine extracts, Mediterranean oranges, yellow and green lemons and spicy pepper taken from trees in the Philippine Islands.  Although I love this, keep in mind that citrus scents don't last very long and will need to be reapplied.  $84

WARM & SPICY

Trusque by Osmia Organics - Fruity, Spanish lavender and plant-based musk. Perfect for the upcoming cooler months...seriously well-made perfume here.   $150

Mejica by A Perfume Organic - I'm smelling gorgeous spices (clove?) mixed with Vanilla...but real Vanilla, not what synthetics have made us believe it smells like.  This is the real deal.  I'm thinking this is going to be perfect for Fall/Winter.  $65


ELIXIR/BODY OIL

Aiyana by Tallulah JanePure Moroccan Rose,Vanilla, hints of pear and Rock Rose all brightened with a delicate scent of Italian Lemon. This is super feminine and hard to describe.  I love wearing it.  Also comes in a perfume, but I covet the body oil!  It's hydrating and feels amazing on the skin...you'll love sniffing your forearm during the day!  $38

Lina Hanson Global Body Serum - Again, not a conventional perfume, this body oil smells so good that I had to add it in here.  With Vanilla, Yuzu and grapefruit, I'm looking forward to Lina making this a perfume soon...and if I'm correct, I think she's doing just that!  $63

Nuture by Intelligent Nutrients Not a conventional perfume, this is an anti-aging total body elixir serum and it smells just wonderful.  Lavender, sweet orange and geranium.  Subtle, pretty and relaxing.  $30



1 comment:

  1. You should try GIVESCENT. It smells amazing! Free of parabens, alcohol, all that jazz....

    ReplyDelete